Friday, October 19, 2012

paper bag wreath.

a wreath made of paper bags?  yep.  you read that right.

a while ago, i saw this pretty wreath on pinterest and i couldn't wait to try to make a look-alike.  however, between classes for my certification, working part time and my normal housewife-ish duties, i haven't had time to do much crafting.

and it was starting to get to me.

so the other day i had enough of my crafting strike and set off to make my wreath.  i had been collecting paper bags for a while now from the grocery and health food store i go to, and i had a pretty good stash.

with my paper bags, scissors, glue gun, and a wreath form i found in the dollar section at target i ended up with this:


after i finished my wreath, i sprayed a coat of clear acrylic sealer to add a little shine.  i have had an empty frame above our bed for months now, just waiting to find the right thing to put in the center.  i thought this wreath would be perfect.



look who woke up from naptime before i could finish this post?


love my little monkeys.

with the holidays coming up, this is such a simple decoration (i love the brown paper bags for the fall!) or would make a great handmade gift for someone else!  it was super simple and took me no time (or money!) to make.

and i'll never look at a paper bag the same from now on.  hmmmm... what else could i make out of my big paper bag collection??

this post was linked to these *lovely* blogs:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word. Super super CUTE! I shall have to try this. Love it. Made your mac and cheese again this week, by the way. May have tried to funk it up just a weeeee bit too much. Somewhat gelatenous. Good thing Kevy's not fussy. Yikes. I shall go back to your original, methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that paper bag wreath is just the sweetest thing! And I'm kinda glad your little monkeys woke up before your shoot was over... their cuteness made me smile! I joined as one of your followers via google friend connect... so excited to see what else you come up with, you crafty thing! xoxo Jules from Bles-id Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so cute! What a fantastic idea, and it is perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO fun. I have not seen it before. You did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing on Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete